.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Only Way to Truly Fail is to Quit Trying!!





I get so many people that I talk to daily that are SCARED to fail. Scared or starting another program and falling on their face - ONCE AGAIN! Wasting more money that isn't getting used .. Or starting something again only to leave them with disappointment. I'm here to tell you,
 IF YOU ARE SICK OF FAILING - STOP GIVING UP!!!! 

I also get the people that have to keep starting their program over and over again - But call themselves a failure. Well I'm here to clear that up .... YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! Failing means you NEVER got back up and tried it again. As long as you keep TRYING you will NEVER EVER Fail! 

It's true ... have you ever heard the saying fall 7 times get up 8? It's TRUTH and WISE! 

I can't tell you how many times i've fallen straight on my face. If we want to be honest here I've been trying to get motivated to do Body Pump for months now. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ... I never ever will give up. That makes me a winner. Of course I won't get the results as fast as I want and I won't have the feeling you get when you finish a program - at least not YET. I did TurboFire and It wasn't easy. 

I was moving all over the place while doing that program My husband is in the military and we were doing a move from Australia to Hawaii but i stuck with it. Sure, I had to redo some weeks. I had some cheats that I probably shouldn't of had ... but I DID it.. I never gave up and that is where the results came in. 


The best advice I can give to keep you getting back up is ...

1. Form a Habit! - Once you create exercising a habit it becomes a part of your daily life. It takes 21 days to form a habit. Keep up with it and never look back. Once you fall out of this habit it becomes MUCH harder to get back in the groove. TRUST ME! 

2. Reward yourself for DOING IT! You need to give yourself some credit for showing up to the gym or pressing play. Getting to that point is half the battle and once you are there - YOU ARE THERE! You can worry about the weight loss, or how many push-ups you can do, or how fast you want to run later. JUST GET THERE! 

3. Make your workout FUN! This is why I LOVE TurboFire. The music is out of this WORLD. SO MUCH FUN! "It's a party every time you push play." This is my soul mate workout and to me it's not a CHORE but something I LOVE doing! If you don't love what you are doing, it's going to be pretty hard to form a habit and keep up with it. Find something you love and stick with it. 

4. Schedule your workout time during a time that won't get in the way of other things! Working out needs to be done during a QUIET HOUR! If you plan your workout dab in the middle of the day it may be easily pushed aside from something you find more important. First thing in the morning or RIGHT after work are good places to slip your workout in before LIFE gets in the way. Find your time and make it NON NEGOTIABLE!!

5. Get an Accountability Buddy! Having someone that can join you, keep in contact with you, and motivate you will boost your commitment. Great way to stay on track and gain an awesome bond with someone.

6. X out your Workout Schedule. Placing an X on the calendar of the days you got your workout in will give you that visual that you need to PUMP YOU UP!

7. Create a daily routine. Make your workout a RITUAL! Make it something that is engrained in your mind. The same time everyday NO MATTER WHAT! It will become second nature to you and when that time comes up you will be running to the T.V. to press play or grabbing your workout bag to get to the gym. You will know that time is YOUR time to get the job done and nothing will get in it's way.

8. HABITS COME FIRST! People believe that buying a big fancy in home gym is just going to magically give them the will power and momentum needed to create a habit. Your habits must come FIRST before just going out and buying everything under the sun. This is why I LOVE the Beachbody challenge. You don't have to do it alone. My coach helped me through my WHOLE program. She helped me with all of the above and I didn't have to go out and buy a $1,000 treadmill or a 2,000 bow flex. NOPE! I bought my program and I created the habit with out needing the fancy gym equipment. All I needed was my good ol' TV (even a lap top would work) and my DVD player!

9. Start SMALL! Trying to go out and run a marathon on your first day is going to leave you SORE, TIRED, and feeling like a FAILURE! Don't start out so big. It takes MONTHS to build up to that point - Heck, sometimes a whole year! You don't want to scare your self away. Start out small and slowly build yourself up. You will be amazed at how far you come in 2,3 and 4 weeks down the road.



10. Most important of all ... DO IT FOR YOU & NEVER TO IMPRESS ANYONE! It won't justify you continuing and keeping up with it. If you exercise and eat healthy to gain energy, feel good about yourself, and have fun then it will be all the more reason to continue. 




NEVER quit trying and NEVER give up on yourself and you will always be a WINNER! The choices you make everyday good or bad are going to create your future either in a positive or negative way. Each little thing we do will eventually add up to the big picture. Are you going to make the right decisions no matter how small or big they may be or are you just going to give up? 

I believe you in you. I know you can do this. YOU ARE NOT A QUITTER. Repeat that after me. 
YOU ARE NOT A QUITTER! You may fall down a few more times but you WILL never give up. 

If you are looking for more accountability, a fun workout program, and help with keeping you motivated. Contact Me!  I'm here to help you. 
\

No comments :

Post a Comment