.

Monday, March 10, 2014

The 21 Day Fix - Here's the Plan


21 day fix, 21 day fix program breakdown, 21 day fix information, 21 day fix nutrition guide
The 21 Day Fix Nutrition Guide 
I had to wait forever for this little baby to get here!!!! The 21 Day Fix has been CRAZY to get your little hands on and little did I know because I waited a day to put my order in. When I got it, it totally felt like Christmas day all over again. I was CRAZY EXCITED!! I have been testing the waters on it over the last coupe of weeks because I wasn't able to fully commit to the program but now i'm READY!! I can tell you I have learned a lot about the program over these last couple of weeks through trial and error and i'm ready to ROCK it! I am loving P90X3, the workouts totally challenge me in all the right ways and Tony Horton cracks me up but the portion sizes is where I really wanted to put my focus too. I am a clean eater but you can sometimes over estimate how much of a good thing you really need. I'm the type of person that truly loves following something because it motivates me to get it right. That's why this is so great, because it really breaks it all down for me and makes it EASY to determine how much I need of each everyday with out really having to think about it. The Beachbody Cruise is only 2 weeks away and I couldn't be more excited to get this plan out and let some abs come out.

21 day fix guide, 21 day fix nutrition, 21 day fix workouts, 21 day fix containers

So after a couple rounds of the 21 day fix I'm going to come back to P90X3 and finish the last 60 days with my nutrition in check to give me the best results. The great thing about this program is that it's principals you can take with you everywhere and even beyond the 21 days. You can use this nutrition plan with any fitness program. 

I spent this last week reading the nutrition plan and figuring out my calorie range. Once you have calculated how many calories you need daily you then determine how many containers of each color you can have. Your container allowance per day is calculated based on your weight and the average of 400 calories burned per fix workout.  Then you are given a range you need to stay in!

For me, I am in the 1,200 to 1,499 calorie range! That gives me 3 green (veggies) 2 purple (fruits), 4 Red (protein) 2 Yellow (starchy carbs) 1 Blue (nuts, ect) 1 Orange (nuts and dressings) 2 spoons (nut butters, olive oil).

Once you have how many containers of each color you can have the manual then gives you a list of foods that you can eat in each container. I truly love this because I can just look at the list and come up with my meal plan for the week. Easy Peasy! The foods on the list are also listed in importance they are to have. The higher on the list the more nutritional value it contains. However, it's always good to mix things up and get a good variety. 

I get my containers every time i'm ready to eat and have been filling them up and then dumping out on my plate and each time I seriously can't believe how much food it adds up to be. When you first get your containers you are thinking "that's it" because I know I did and my husband even told me "I don't want to hear you are starving through this whole thing" you know how they get!!! HA But honestly, I eat more than ever! 

21 day fix portion sizes, 21 day fix meals, 21 day fix plan, 21 day fix workouts
21 Day Fix Approved Meal
poached eggs, spinach, grapes, and wheat toast

You do get the option to drink milk, soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, coconut water,  and juices BUT you have to sub a yellow container and you are ONLY allowed it 3x a week. So it kind of makes you think how you plan your day. I have been finding myself asking myself if it's worth it to save for this meal or the next. The carbs are the big thing I have to compromise! I love my carbs but I like that it's making me retying and restrict. You also are allowed a glass of portioned wine but you have to give up one of your yellows (carbs) for the day. In my case it's not worth it! That only leaves me with ONE yellow for the full day and I would personally rather eat!

Shakeology can also fit into this plan and counts as a RED container or a Protein. LOVE THIS!! Easy quick meal I don't have to think about. Water, Ice, Shake up and there is a meal. 

Another PERK ... You are allowed some fix approved TREATS!! They give you a whole list of yummy recipes to replace with your yellow container. 

The whole nutrition guide really gives you a lot of recipes to choose from. 

There is a seasonings guide that you can use to season your food with. There are recipes to go with your containers as well. I love the salad dressings included that would go in your orange container and the delicious Shakeology recipes!! It really is a nutritions and delicious nutrition guide to go off of. 

There is also an awesome Restaurant guide included and a list of containers you can check off according to what you are eating. 


So how can you make this work for you in a simple way so that you aren't going around counting like a crazy person all day!??! Luckily we have made it easy for you!  On the Team Beachbody site there are tracking sheets that you can put your container allowance at the top and you can tally each meal of the day and check of what you have! This really gives you a visual to follow.

I have to plan my meals out each week or I will go crazy. My challengers and myself made a color coded spreadsheet of all of our meals for the week. This way we can just grocery shop, prep, print, and stick on the fridge so we are ready to go for the week. No sitting in front of the refrigerator trying to figure out what to eat. We are prepped and ready to go!! No room for EXCUSES!! 

Here is a little sneak peak of our meal plan: 
21 day fix meal plan, portion sizes, 21 day fix tracking sheet, 21 day fix workouts

and pictures of my challengers prepped and ready to go. I have already had ONE group finish the first 21 days and they are ready to get going again. The second group is on the 2nd week and kicking butt. 

meal prep, 21 day fix prep, 21 day fix meal plan, 21 day fix portions, portion control

21 day fix container guide, 21 day fix portions, 21 day fix tracking sheet


I plan on totally getting on the ball and starting FULL BLOWN TODAY!! It's on !! No cheats until CRUISE DAY!! I can do this ....... I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN!! 

Let's go ..... 

A new workout outfit to top it off was totally in order!! Nothing gets me more motivated!! 

workout outfit, workout clothes, fashion, workout,
My New Target workout gear! 

For this workout program you need a light set of weights or resistance bands and a yoga mat


Here are my before pictures!!!! Hoping to get those abs popping before the big cruise

results, weight loss, 21 day fix results, weight loss tips, abs, in shape, bikini plan
Ready to Rock the Fix

It's totally GAME ON from this point on!! You can follow my journey and results over the next 21 days, I'm totally ready to ROCK IT!


Do you want in on my 21 Day Fix accountability and Support?!?!  Complete the application below to be considered for my next accountability and support group!  I will keep you on track to reaching your own 21 day success!!!!  The start of a new you, a healthier lifestyle and the body you have always wanted..... THE HEALTHY WAY!! Pre orders go in NOW and we start on April 10th. BOOM! Let's do it together! 

No comments :

Post a Comment