.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Exactly How to Batch Cook and Meal Prep for a Week of Clean Eating.


How to Meal Prep, Batch cooking, Clean eating


Sooo.. Did you know that Your Nutrition is 80% of where your results come from? I know there are some of you that are totally killing it in the gym. Come on, Cardio Queens where you at? I use to be one of you too! You can cardio your little heart out but if you aren't fueling that body with what it needs then you are wasting your time. You will never get the results you want! I know this because that use to be me. I never lifted weights and I would run through fast food after the gym or eat a big hearty cheesy meal. So I really want to teach you how to set your week up for success. 

This is one of the BIGGEST things that I stress and love teaching my customers about. Meal Prepping and Clean Eating. I share my meal plans weekly in my groups and really focus on this. It's a lifestyle not a DIET! That should be what your focus is. Enjoying your favorites here and there but ultimately living a healthy life that you can easily maintain. I know that we all live busy lives so this makes things so much easier. Doing it once every week or even ever two weeks is going to make your life so much easier, keep you on track, and will save you money. OKAY, did I catch your attention now? ha ha ha 

I normally reserve Sunday's for Meal Prepping and Batch cooking. 



Alright so I'm going to teach you step by step how to prepare your week. This is just what I do but you will get a really good idea on how to prep your week so it's simple to just grab and go. 

Here is what you need to go to the grocery store for: 

Several Packs of Chicken Breast 
Lean Ground Turkey
Eggs 
Bag of Fish either Salmon or Tilapia 
You could also do a bag of Frozen Shrimp

You can do Fresh Veggies or Do Frozen. 
I mix it up. 
I normally have 
Fresh Asparagus 
Fresh Brussels Sprouts
Zucchini
Spaghetti Squash
Baby Spinach
-Honestly Just depends on my menu plan for the week on which I choose- 
Then I'll always grab some frozen Green beans, Stir Fry Veggie Mix, and Peas
If you want to do an egg white omelet 
Mushrooms, Peppers, Onions or Egg Muffins.

Apples
Strawberries
Blueberries 

Brown Rice
Quinoa 
Sweet Potatoes

Coconut Oil
Mrs dash Seasonings
Cayenne Pepper
Cumin
Chili Powder
Tin Foil 

How to meal prep for clean eating
Tara and I prepping our Chicken

1. You want to take a large baking sheet and cover it with tin foil 
This is where you are going to grab your chicken breasts and lay them out on the pan. 
Grab your favorite salt free seasonings and season front then flip and do the other side. 

2. Pre Heat the Oven to 350 and bake for about 30-40 mins until tender. You don't want to over cook. You can use a meat thermometer if you need so you don't over cook it. You want your meat to be nice and juicy. 

How to meal prep for a week of clean eating
Chicken Anyone?
3. While that is cooking, You are going to grab your brown rice. There are Two Ways you can do this
If you have a rice steamer you can load that baby up according to the directions and your rice will just easily cook on it's on. You can add in some fresh herbs to the steamer and it will be delicious. If you don't have a rice steamer you can do this in a pot on the stove. Follow the directions on the bag for water to rice ratio. You want to make a pretty big batch so you have enough for the week or if you are doing two weeks for two weeks. Let the water boil and then add in your rice once boiled. 

How to meal prep for a week of clean eating
Brown Rice Cooking

4. Remember to keep an eye on those chicken breasts, you even may have to suction out some of the juice so it doesn't overflow in to your oven. 

5. It's time to grab another big deep pan and get all of your ground turkey. Toss it into the pan and cook until browned. You can season again with any non salt seasonings. Once done drain out any grease. 

6. Last but not least you have your Sweet Potatoes. You want to scrub these and wash really well. Grab a baking sheet and throw them on and in the oven. These will take a bit of time. Probably about an hour to cook. Just keep an eye and poke holes. Once tender all the way through they will be done. 

How to meal prep for a week of clean eatingHow to meal prep for a week of clean eating

This is what our chicken and sweet potatoes will look like when they are all done. Right when you grab your sweet potatoes out of the oven slice them down the middle so they can cool down. Your rice should be finishing up too. But be sure to put your rice on at the beginning because it does take some time to cook. 

7. Once everything cools down it's time to portion it all out and bag it up so you can grab and go. 
Grab your chicken breasts and slice it all up in to bite sized peaces. Grab a cutting bored and get to town. You will have a big bowl of sliced up chicken chunks. that you can just portion out and put in baggies. I use the 21 Day Fix Menu plan in all of my challenge groups and this program comes with portion control containers. This is what I use to portion out my food. If you are interested in doing this program and want a coach contact me here - I would be happy to guide you, mentor you, and support you through your journey. I can help you get all of your stuff and get you set up to make portioning out super simple. 

Clean eating portion control
21 Day Fix Portion Control Containers

So you are going to grab your red container and just start scoop out of your chicken and ground turkey and bagging up each individual portion. That's your protein for the week. If you are doing two weeks you can freeze the other week and then thaw out at the end of week 1. 

After your sweet potatoes cool down you will scoop the filling out of the skins and use your yellow container to portion and baggy up. Grab your brown rice and portion out with your yellow container as well and baggy. These are your healthy crabs for the week. 

Veggies are in the freezer ready to just grab and you will use your green to portion that out. 

How to meal prep for a week of clean eating
#bossstatus baby

Place all your baggies in plastic containers so you can just grab. I baggy all of my chicken and then put it in a container so i can just grab each one. 


This is how I stay on track when i'm traveling, visiting family, or visiting friends. You just pack your food and bring it with you. Super simple. It will change your life! 

My Favorite dish with this is to grab my chicken, sweet potato, peas, or sautéed spinach in coconut oil, and add a blue container of avocado and some hot sauce. Seriously Delish. It's great with Brown Rice too. It's like a Mexican bowl you could do a taco salad too with the ground turkey. So many ideas with it all prepped and ready to go. 



That's pretty much it! Turn up some tunes or put on your favorite movie and spend the next hour or two setting your week up for success! You got this ... You can totally do this! Your life will be CHANGED and you will feel amazing. 

If you need a Free Coach an Need support in your journey - Reach out to me! 
You can make me your free coach right HERE 







No comments :

Post a Comment